- On January 17, 2017
- 0 Comments
- Caller ID, Spam, Tech support scam, Truecaller, Unwanted Calls
This is just a quick follow upon our previous blog post on “How To Spot a Microsoft, Windows, Dell, or other types of Tech Support Scams.”
We recommend getting a call filtering app like TrueCaller. “Truecaller finds contact details globally given name or telephone number, and has an integrated caller ID service to achieve call-blocking functionality and social media integration to keep the phonebook up-to-date with pictures and birthdays. The client is available for Android, BlackBerry OS, iOS, Series 40, Symbian s60, Firefox OS, Tizen, BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone.” – Source
Here are some features of Truecaller
- Block unwanted calls or hidden numbers
- Always see who’s calling — works for saved contacts and unknown numbers
- Block spam callers and telemarketers
- Search for any name or number
- Make calls directly from the app
- No more unknown numbers in your call history
- See when your friends are free to talk
- Copy a number anywhere (e.g. website or apps) and Truecaller will tell you who it belongs to
We hate spam (scam) calls as much as you do! When you get spam (or scam) calls, you can report them through Truecaller or post them online on 800Notes (or similar site) to also keep the rest of us informed.
If you were the victim of a tech support scam and they logged onto your computer, give us a call at (240) 319-8862 . We will make sure that your computer is clean and that they no longer have access to your PC.