- On September 30, 2014
- 0 Comments
- Adware, Antimalware, Antivirus, AVG, Computer Tuneup, ESET, FREE software, Maintenance, malware, McAfee, Operating System, pop ups, PUP, Techtip, Virus Removal
An antimalware/antivirus software is crucial for every computer system. While the best prevention against a malware infection is you, the user, it is safe to have a backup. Already infected? We offer Virus Removal and Computer Tuneup services. Need to protect your computer on a budget? We found some software at a really low cost; free.
Free Antimalware Solutions
If you are already infected, check out our Virus Removal or Computer Tuneup service. See our previous blog post for a breakdown on the different types of malware. While no antivirus software will prevent you from every infection, it is always a good preventative measure to have one installed on your computer.
Here are some tips to prevent your computer from becoming infected:
- keep your antivirus & operating system up-to-date
- use one antivirus at a time
- download from manufacturers’ websites or other verified sites only
- be vigilant when you are on the net (don’t click strange links)
- be cognizant of the devices you connect to your computer (flash drives, discs etc). Are they clean? Where have they been?
- install only the software that you want; uncheck all other boxes to avoid adware.
- stay away from free toolbars and games to prevent bloatware/PUP
- have doubt, leave it out.